National Team Handbook
The 2014-2015 National Team Handbook is now available for download.
Additional Advertising Reserved for the Athletes
Please review the following document to review the uniform advertising restrictions for athletes.
Elite 8 National Championships 2015 – Selection Policy
U18 & Senior (for top 8 ranked athletes per division in Canada)
January 10-11, 2015
Cadet (January 10th, 2015):
1. The top 7 athletes will be selected in each weight categories in the following order of priority:
- Carded athletes
- Athletes with an F standard or better
- Total points from National circuit: U16 and U18 Nationals 2014; U18 Quebec Open 2014 and U18 Ontario Open 2014, using this points distribution:
2. One athlete will be added as a wild card by the High Performance committee.
Senior (January 11th, 2015):
IJF senior weight categories:
On December 1st 2014, all athletes will be ranked according to the national team points as defined in the policies # 3 and # 4 of the 2014 National Team Handbook.
- The top 7 athletes in each category will be selected.
- One athlete will be added as a wild card by the High Performance committee.
- In exceptional circumstances the High Performance committee might add a 9th athlete in a weight class.
- For Cadet categories; to obtain points for selection, a minimum of one win is required.
- For Cadet, a minimum of 5 points is required to be selected.
- For cadet ranking, 50% of the points are transferred in one weight class above.
- Cadet: Gold medalists in every weight class will obtain minimum standard to compete in Bremen/Thuringia 2015.